Definition of loft:
- A floor or room placed above another; a story.
- A gallery or raised apartment in a church, hall, etc.; as, an organ loft.
- Lofty; proud.
- Pitch or slope of the face of a club ( tending to drive the ball upward).
- That which is lifted up; an elevation.
- The room or space under a roof and above the ceiling of the uppermost story.
- To make or furnish with a loft; to cause to have loft; as, a lofted house; a lofted golf- club head.
- To raise aloft; to send into the air;
- to strike ( the ball) so that it will go over an obstacle.
pigeon loft, bachelor apartment, cage, ace, cupboard, chapel, goldfish bowl, choir loft, apiary, dome, digs, bogey, gallery, hayloft, condominium, bean, fishbowl, cell, downstairs, beehive, duplex, holy of holies, bonce, attic, cellar, bedsit, apartment, lower ground floor, choir stalls, bogie, ground floor, birdie, dovecote, accommodation, closet, armoury, bunker, noodle, storage area, backswing, floor, choir, crypt, hutch, boathouse, noggin, bonded warehouse, cubbyhole, the first floor, chancel, bachelor pad, accommodations, apse, birdcage, level, cockloft, arsenal, garret, armory, aquarium, condo, basement, caddy.
- "Syndrome", Thomas Hoover.
- "Five Little Friends", Sherred Willcox Adams Maud and Miska Petersham.
- "For the Liberty of Texas", Edward Stratemeyer.