Definition of ridge:
- A raised line or strip, as of ground thrown up by a plow or left between furrows or ditches, or as on the surface of metal, cloth, or bone, etc.
- A range of hills or mountains, or the upper part of such a range; any extended elevation between valleys.
- The back, or top of the back; a crest.
- The highest portion of the glacis proceeding from the salient angle of the covered way.
- The intersection of two surface forming a salient angle, especially the angle at the top between the opposite slopes or sides of a roof or a vault.
- To form a ridge of; to furnish with a ridge or ridges; to make into a ridge or ridges.
- To form into ridges with the plow, as land.
- To wrinkle.