Definition of angle:
- A fishhook; tackle for catching fish, consisting of a line, hook, and bait, with or without a rod.
- A name given to four of the twelve astrological houses.
- A projecting or sharp corner; an angular fragment.
- The difference of direction of two lines. In the lines meet, the point of meeting is the vertex of the angle.
- The figure made by. two lines which meet.
- The inclosed space near the point where two lines meet; a corner; a nook.
- To fish with an angle ( fishhook), or with hook and line.
- To try to gain by some insinuating artifice; to allure.
- To use some bait or artifice; to intrigue; to scheme; as, to angle for praise.
crotch, approach, burden, purpose, emphasize, tip, list, crook, tilt, elbow, intention, tip up, ask, inflection, corner, track, be given, accentuate, school of thought, curvature, direction, dribble, wind, pragmatism, mind, cant over, knock, topple, cusp, weight down, lay emphasis/stress on something, shoot, framework, edge, tippytoe, highlight, tumble, hand, overturn, complementary angles, eye view, cross, complement, stress, hint, arc, bung, roll, accent, burthen, hook, way, obtuse angle, course, bend, underline, curve, pass, reiterate, slant, azimuth, side, lean, point up, corresponding angles, mindset, rake, tiptoe, facet, perspective, divergence, aspect, spin, phase, weight, reason, shoes, turn, passage, shift, acute angle, run, tip off, adjacent angles, aim, line, turn something inside out, adjust, smash, cant, motive, plan, pitch, view, end, inclination, strike at, fish, phase, outlook, incline, tap, careen, reverse, bow, fee, standpoint, arch, wobble, tend, path, viewpoint, play, underscore, fork, study at, vantage point, point, flare, logic, kick, notch.
- "The Valley of the Giants", Peter B. Kyne.
- "Kelly Miller's History of the World War for Human Rights", Kelly Miller.
- "Jack Haydon's Quest", John Finnemore.