Definition of clump:
- A cluster; a group; a thicket.
- A kind of field spaniel, with short legs and stout body, which, unlike other spaniels, hunts silently.
- An unshaped piece or mass of wood or other substance.
- The compressed clay of coal strata.
- To arrange in a clump or clumps; to cluster; to group.
- To tread clumsily; to clamp.
plank, hunch, oaf, hunk, swelling, bundle, flock, crew, musket ball, knot, party, testicle, caboodle, tramp, batch, clomp, lubber, clop, set, wad, orb, bunch together, ball, formal, gawk, lout, dive, thump, nut, lot, array, collection, puffiness, clutch, chunk, plump, body, bunch, goon, testis, plunk, orchis, noise, band, flump, thumping, bevy, plunge, clod, constellate, cluster, pick, bunch up, clunk, part, egg, bump, pluck, plunk down, dot, lummox, thud, plump down, plonk, clustering, glob, bollock, ballock, crowd, gob, pack, roll up, nugget, plop, gang, stamp, bundle up, lump, compact, stumblebum, mass, practice bundling, stud, globe, group.
But before she had quite reached it another vehicle shot out from a clump of trees on the summit, came round the bend of the road there, passed the luggage- cart, and halted beside Tess, who looked up as if in great surprise.- "Tess of the d'Urbervilles A Pure Woman", Thomas Hardy.
- "The Adventure League", Hilda T. Skae.
- "The Silent Places", Steward Edward White.