Definition of snuff:
- That which is inhaled or drawn up through the nostrils; the charred end of a wick; tobacco- leaf reduced to powder for drawing up into the nostrils.
- To draw in with the breath through the nose; to inhale; to perceive by the nose; to take off the burnt top of a candle; to inhale breath audibly; to draw up into the nostrils the powder of tobacco- leaf; to snift, in contempt.
extinguish, smells, off, clear, bong, snivel, neutralize, choke up, terminate, eradicate, take out, cry, cigar, briar, burst out, dissolve into, extirpate, put out, mummy-brown, whiff, blub, knock off, chukker-brown, sob, uproot, blot out, rub out, cigarette, abolish, cigarette paper, snuff-brown, howl, sniffle, croak, nose, ciggy, put away, make, obliterate, cheroot, cry/sob your heart out, quench, help, weep, erase, douse, snuffle, sniff, chromatic, continue, annihilate, get, scent, butt, root, wail, blubber, fag, smell, chew, whack, stamp out, bump off, wipe out.
- "The Bible in Spain", George Borrow.
- "The Argus Pheasant", John Charles Beecham.
- "The King's Mirror", Anthony Hope.