Definition of partnership :
1. A contract between two or more competent persons for joining together their money, goods, labor, and skill, or any or all of them, under an understanding that there shall be a communion of profit between them, and for the purpose of carrying on a legal trade, business, or adventure.
2. A division or sharing among partners; joint possession or interest.
3. An alliance or association of persons for the prosecution of an undertaking or a business on joint account; a company; a firm; a house; as, to form a partnership.
4. See Fellowship, n., 6.
5. The state or condition of being a partner; as, to be in partnership with another; to have partnership in the fortunes of a family or a state.
cooperation, combine, contract out, linkup, crew, base, liaison, relationship, Bros., chemistry, demerge, ring, clique, near, account, connection, anchor, amalgamate, friendship, fusion, relations, lodge, fellowship, consolidate, buy out, compact, cartel, gang, blue chip, the biz, organization, chumminess, big business, coterie, hookup, joining, brotherhood, link, confederation, reconciliation, confederacy, acquisition, amalgamation, agent, party, combination, companionship, assistance, demerger, affiliate, tie, rapport, conjunction, club, fraternity, faction, tie-up, affiliation, agency, help, community
co-operation (part of speech: noun)
business (part of speech: noun)
enterprise, commerce, concern, company, service, management, proprietorship, commission, holding, establishment, industry, selling, vocation, situation, posting, corporation, job, career, station, occupation, exchange, position, business, practice, livelihood, interest, consortium, assignment, barter, labor, calling, activity, trade, busy work, transaction, retailing, profession, negotiation, firm, merchant, venture, employment, specialty, affair, market
collection (part of speech: noun)
collection, salad, assortment, corps, complement, mix, bunch, band, medley, assemblage, group, council, formation, assembly, stew, set, league, society, federation, body, bloc, omnium-gatherum, college
inclusion (part of speech: noun)
participation (part of speech: noun)
- He had contemplated entering, in fact had pretty definitely made up his mind to enter, into a law partnership with a friend in one of the smaller places in that region. - "The Complete Essays of C. D. Warner", Charles Dudley Warner.
- They belonged to the partnership. - "Montaigne and Shakspere", John M. Robertson.
- We are simply entering into a partnership. - "The Mandarin's Fan", Fergus Hume.