Definition of jump:
- A bodice worn instead of stays by women in the 18th century.
- A dislocation in a stratum; a fault.
- A kind of loose jacket for men.
- An abrupt interruption of level in a piece of brickwork or masonry.
- An effort; an attempt; a venture.
- Exactly; pat.
- Nice; exact; matched; fitting; precise.
- The act of jumping; a leap; a spring; a bound.
- The space traversed by a leap.
- To bore with a jumper.
- To cause to jump; as, he jumped his horse across the ditch.
- To coincide; to agree; to accord; to tally; - followed by with.
- To expose to danger; to risk; to hazard.
- To join by a butt weld.
- To move as if by jumping; to bounce; to jolt.
- To pass by a spring or leap; to overleap; as, to jump a stream.
- To spring free from the ground by the muscular action of the feet and legs; to project one's self through the air; to spring; to bound; to leap.
- To thicken or enlarge by endwise blows; to upset.
starting signal, carve up, upper hand, respect, throttle, bear, alternate, come down, see reason/sense, follow, beat, ascend, startle, going, burst forth, bail out, traverse, transit, do a double take, spend the night with someone, pass through, jack, pass across, rush out, set forth, grow, stead, adhere to, put up, move through, hop-skip, jerk, hasten, carry, gymkhana, high ground, set off, surpass, suffer, better, chute, marvel, bypass, have the upper hand, cut through, distinction, climb, part, head, keep to, whip hand, move up, project, lift, leap, backpedal, rush, tolerate, flip-flop, develop, move, bed, hike, set out, plunge, lead off, jumping, scratch line, spring up, scratch, wipe, interchange, galvanize, surge, derail, resurrect, get down, comply, heighten, collision, take a hop, rear, backfire, jut out, bug out, jump out, assault, catbird seat, bounce, speed, stomach, go, pop, difference, resile, burn up, sleep with, cover, race, shudder at, start, kickoff, stand out, lower, step up, restrain, be taken aback, tack, commencement, vantage, excel, skitter, cross, get, rebound, add to, car-pool, mug, lose your balance/footing, height, climb up, take turns, walk on, overfly, begin, make love, bulge, parachute, catch your breath, handicap, come out, take shape, support, box in, dressage, flip, surface, increase, the horses, flicker, upswing, lurch, digest, wax, limit, bound off, spurt, hammer, exceed, charge, sleep together, dance, beginning, upsurge, pass over, observe, take form, get-go, dive, get over, terpsichore, slip, wonder, precipitation, fur up, bleed, caper, fall, be quick on your feet, advance, grind, starting line, flow, carry on, inflation, diversity, showtime, mount, jut, leaping, bulge out, stand, fire, move on, growth, approach, back up, horseflesh, strike at, commence, set about, prove, variation, twitch, ambush, abide, raise, ricochet, escalate, bar, rise, originate, idle, multiply, saltation, flood, forge ahead, flick, ascent, outset, boost, plummet, protrude, initiate, border, obey, descent, switch, change your mind, barrier, pass, outpace, starting time, upgrade, rising, rise up, restrict, furlong, attack, fence, edge, elevate, starting, flutter, block in, stand up, length, change down, galvanise, contradiction, go down, stick out, explosion, dancing, bolt, cut across, cycle, press, flat racing, assail, up, get going, offset, be intimate with someone, adapt, variety, arise, stretch, double, promote, lie with, jump into bed with someone, brook, rebel, hemorrhage, turn out, soar, go through the roof, nosedive, jump off, inside track, jump-start, come at, lunge, eject, capitulate, endure, go for, flying tackle, progress, boggle, start up, buckle up, pull, start out, skim, form, renounce, understudy, haemorrhage, descend, gallop, go up, convert, cut out, not know what hit you, uprise, contrast, engagement, get across, skip over, embark on, skip, vamoose, get a head start, spring, revise, come up, dart, track, a world of difference, recognize, take off, cut, set on, decamp, pop out, bound, drop, clot, fly at, running jump, copulate, jolt, recoil, get up, reverberate, move with the times, consummate, depart, sally out, leap out, parachuting, bus, flat race, trammel, head start, confine, conform, abide by, reel, fly, take up, divergence, jumpstart, first.
- "The-Burgess-Animal-Book-for-Children", Burgess, Thornton W. (Thornton Waldo).
- "Jess", H. Rider Haggard.
- "Dead Men Tell No Tales", E. W. Hornung.