Definition of bare :
1. Bore; the old preterit of Bear, v.
2. Destitute; indigent; empty; unfurnished or scantily furnished; - used with of ( rarely with in) before the thing wanting or taken away; as, a room bare of furniture.
3. Mere; alone; unaccompanied by anything else; as, a bare majority.
4. Plain; simple; unadorned; without polish; bald; meager.
5. Surface; body; substance.
6. That part of a roofing slate, shingle, tile, or metal plate, which is exposed to the weather.
7. Threadbare; much worn.
8. To strip off the covering of; to make bare; as, to bare the breast.
9. With head uncovered; bareheaded.
10. Without anything to cover up or conceal one's thoughts or actions; open to view; exposed.
11. Without clothes or covering; stripped of the usual covering; naked; as, his body is bare; the trees are bare.
narrow, derelict, publicise, leach, blank, disinvest, void, few, make no secret of something, perfect, leafless, publicize, everlasting, unpatterned, mother-naked, starkers, aerate, extra, supererogatory, pillage, stripped-down, scanty, strip away, plunder, unvarnished, supernumerary, superfluous, vacant, cutting, bottomless, air, dismantle, au naturel, parched, destitute, grassless, unmixed, desolate, scant, advertise, blunt, surrender, rudimentary, foray, stern, voice, evident, air out, excess, raw, gross, marginal, plain-vanilla, full, unpainted, uncase, empty, bereft, transmit, offer, only, modest, sodding, black, dry, ransack, unmistakable, inadequate, throw back, advertize, consummate, unembellished, severe, rifle, staring, treeless, beam, a state of undress, crude, dusty, very, full-frontal, put on, unornamented, homely, deprive, bankrupt, intrinsic, double-dyed, render, complete, slight, insufficient, inherent, mere, ventilate, redundant, dim, sheer, give away, core, strip down, meager, arid, despoil, denudate, lifeless, express yourself, thoroughgoing, devoid, vent, meagre, utter, minimum, unfinished, sparse, meagerly, undecorated, unmingled, toom, uncrowded, wild, little, loot, natural, broadcast, trim, surplus, reave, arrant, barely, apparent, vacuous, hollow, topless, sun-baked, discase, send, free
naked (part of speech: adjective)
reveal (part of speech: verb)
uncovered (part of speech: adjective)
pure (part of speech: adjective)
faultless, basic, irreducible, spotless, primal, clear, virtuous, guiltless, basal, aboriginal, angelic, undiluted, honorable, pure, foundational, elementary, immaculate, indivisible, untarnished, austere, clean, monolithic, simple, prime, decent, undefiled, uncluttered, fundamental, unsullied, unadorned, white, essential, nascent, stainless, elemental, primary, untainted, blameless, unblemished, purebred, plain, innocent, atomic, simon-pure, unalloyed, formative, unadulterated, chaste, sinless
divest (part of speech: verb)
desolate (part of speech: adjective)
uncover (part of speech: verb)
open (part of speech: verb)
unbarred, yawning, unimpeded, accessible, open, unobstructed, exposed, unclosed, patent, unlocked, release, uncapped, uncork, disclose, agape, unplugged, unbolted, unstopped, admitting, unplug, unlock, reveal, unseal, uncovered, gaping, ajar, manifest, undo
simple (part of speech: adjective)
- There was a bare instant of hesitation. - "Left End Edwards", Ralph Henry Barbour.
- Another mass of bare rocks. - "Australia Twice Traversed, The Romance of Exploration Australia Twice Traversed. The Romance Of Exploration, Being A Narrative Compiled From The Journals Of Five Exploring Expeditions Into And Through Central South Australia, And Western Australia, From 1", Ernest Giles.
- He stepped a little to one side, the door at his left, the bare front wall at his back. - "Six Feet Four", Jackson Gregory.