Definition of cheese:
- A low courtesy; - so called on account of the cheese form assumed by a woman's dress when she stoops after extending the skirts by a rapid gyration.
- A mass of pomace, or ground apples, pressed together in the form of a cheese.
- The curd of milk, coagulated usually with rennet, separated from the whey, and pressed into a solid mass in a hoop or mold.
- The flat, circular, mucilaginous fruit of the dwarf mallow ( Malva rotundifolia).
Dutch, sapsago, cheeseflower, Monterey Jack, muenster, asiago, Schweizer, oka, feta, creamed cottage, tall mallow, Wensleydale, Leyden, jack, brick, high mallow, Fleur de Lait, Emmenthaler, double Gloucester, Malva sylvestris, mascarpone, aged cheddar, American, Liederkranz, Swiss, hand, appetitost, Pecorino, bel paese, Tamales Bay, pot, Saga Blue, tilsit, Philadelphia cream, Jarlsberg, Cheshire, Gloucester, Port du Salut, smearcase, Havarti.
- cheese (part of speech: noun)
- "Amarilly of Clothes-line Alley", Belle K. Maniates.
- "The South of France--East Half", Charles Bertram Black.
- "First Person Paramount", Ambrose Pratt.