Definition of royalty:
- A share of the product or profit ( as of a mine, forest, etc.), reserved by the owner for permitting another to use the property.
- An emblem of royalty; - usually in the plural, meaning regalia.
- Domain; province; sphere.
- Hence ( Com.), a duty paid by a manufacturer to the owner of a patent or a copyright at a certain rate for each article manufactured; or, a percentage paid to the owner of an article by one who hires the use of it.
- Kingliness; spirit of regal authority.
- That which is due to a sovereign, as a seigniorage on gold and silver coined at the mint, metals taken from mines, etc.; the tax exacted in lieu of such share; imperiality.
- The person of a king or sovereign; majesty; as, in the presence of royalty.
- The state of being royal; the condition or quality of a royal person; kingship; kingly office; sovereignty.
countess, dauphin, king, baron, bonus, prince of Wales, nobility, princess, grand duchess, archduchess, emperor, baronetcy, double time, aristocrat, eminence, royal family, margravine, prince, commission, greatness, empress, queen, royal house, consort, suzerainty, duchess, czarina, flexible benefits, princess of Wales, birth, expense account, baronet, margrave, czarevitch, the crown, queenship, supremacy, aristocracy, authority, baroness, company car, prince regent, princess royal, power, shah, archduke, sovereignty, benefit, flow-on, prince consort, distinction, czarevna, primacy, high descent, expenses, royal line, rank, Count, queen mother, grand duke, duke, combat pay, blood.
- "The Project Gutenberg Memoirs of Napoleon Bonaparte", Bourrienne, Constant, and Stewarton.
- "The English Constitution", Walter Bagehot.
- "Is The Bible Worth Reading And Other Essays", Lemuel K. Washburn.