Definition of smart :
1. A fellow who affects smartness, briskness, and vivacity; a dandy.
2. Accomplishing, or able to accomplish, results quickly; active; sharp; clever.
3. Brisk; fresh; as, a smart breeze.
4. Causing a smart; pungent; pricking; as, a smart stroke or taste.
5. Efficient; vigorous; brilliant.
6. Keen; severe; poignant; as, smart pain.
7. Marked by acuteness or shrewdness; quick in suggestion or reply; vivacious; witty; as, a smart reply; a smart saying.
8. money ( see below).
9. Pretentious; showy; spruce; as, a smart gown.
10. Quick, pungent, lively pain; a pricking local pain, as the pain from puncture by nettles.
11. Severe, pungent pain of mind; pungent grief; as, the smart of affliction.
12. To cause a smart in.
13. To feel a lively, pungent local pain; - said of some part of the body as the seat of irritation; as, my finger smarts; these wounds smart.
14. To feel a pungent pain of mind; to feel sharp pain or grief; to suffer; to feel the sting of evil.
15. Vigorous; sharp; severe.
invigorated, laughter, brash, languish, raffish, alacrity, heady, jaunty, smarting, audacious, assumptive, courtesy, lustrous, last word, vivid, swish, mod, brassy, immaterial, malapert, savvy, voguish, reinvigorated, orthogonal, bracing, swanky, snippety, unfermented, sweet, cagey, yen, assuming, cheeky, trig, posh, refreshed, happy, fresh, uppity, wise to, tonic, new, forward, with-it, boldfaced, shining, cagy, sharp-witted, usual, wound, snotty-nosed, undimmed, modishness, overbold, extraneous, novel, ability, uppish, unused, attitude, briskness, trendy, spruce, nervy, chicness, spiffy, impertinent, expert, yearn, promising, familiar, injure, sassy, presumptuous, able, dexterous, modish, clean, brisk, talented, cleverness, rude, keen, bite, style, irreverent, impudent, overconfident, pert, smart-alecky, classy, streetwise, presuming, spite, in, burnished, skilful, pine, bold, refreshful, shiny, contumelious, saucy, insolent, alert, smartness, apt, judicious, refreshing, brightness, snippy, stylishness, brazen, bruise, flip, offend, pushy, hopeful, burn, careful
intelligent (part of speech: adjective)
fashionable (part of speech: adjective)
pain (part of speech: verb)
vigorous (part of speech: adjective)
witty (part of speech: adjective)
foxy, brilliant, droll, funny, dry, subtle, sly, astute, waggish, sparkling, facetious, wily, tricky, sharp, joking, canny, resourceful, urbane, witty, adroit, comical, pithy, ingenious, scurrilous, sarcastic, intelligent, jocular, clever, quick, cunning, crafty, pointed, sophisticated, shrewd, quick-witted, artful, inventive, scintillating, deft