Definition of march:
- A piece of music designed or fitted to accompany and guide the movement of troops; a piece of music in the march form.
- A territorial border or frontier; a region adjacent to a boundary line; a confine; - used chiefly in the plural, and in English history applied especially to the border land on the frontiers between England and Scotland, and England and Wales.
- Hence: Measured and regular advance or movement, like that of soldiers moving in order; stately or deliberate walk; steady onward movement.
- The act of marching; a movement of soldiers from one stopping place to another; military progress; advance of troops.
- The distance passed over in marching; as, an hour's march; a march of twenty miles.
- The third month of the year, containing thirty- one days.
- To border; to be contiguous; to lie side by side.
- TO cause to move with regular steps in the manner of a soldier; to cause to move in military array, or in a body, as troops; to cause to advance in a steady, regular, or stately manner; to cause to go by peremptory command, or by force.
- To move with regular steps, as a soldier; to walk in a grave, deliberate, or stately manner; to advance steadily.
- To proceed by walking in a body or in military order; as, the German army marched into France.
serve, touch, action, evidence, demo, establish, move, expose, contact, proceed, run into, master of architecture, defect, present, bump into, treat, bunt, work, month, marching, borderland, advance, meet, skirt, exhibit, frame, beginning of spring, parade, forward, display, traipse, backpack, progression, approach, spring, marching music, manifest, get along, jar against, marchland, abut, advancement, month that comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb, headway, border district, environ, tramp, show, bound, process, swear out, surround, work on, prove, adjoin, shew, butt, peregrinate, troop, better, attest, sue, inch, stalk, progress, demonstrate, furtherance, edge, butt on, blemish, Lent, stride, litigate, windy month, ring, frame in, come, mar, butt against, knock against, border, certify.
- expedition (part of speech: noun)
- wander (part of speech: verb)
- move (part of speech: verb)
- "Minstrelsy of the Scottish border (3rd ed) (1 of 3)", Walter Scott.
- "Travels in the Great Desert of Sahara, in the Years of 1845 and 1846", James Richardson.
- "Night and Morning, Volume 3", Edward Bulwer Lytton.