Definition of cancer:
- A genus of decapod Crustacea, including some of the most common shore crabs of Europe and North America, as the rock crab, Jonah crab, etc. See Crab.
- A northern constellation between Gemini and Leo.
- Formerly, any malignant growth, esp. one attended with great pain and ulceration, with cachexia and progressive emaciation. It was so called, perhaps, from the great veins which surround it, compared by the ancients to the claws of a crab. The term is now restricted to such a growth made up of aggregations of epithelial cells, either without support or embedded in the meshes of a trabecular framework.
- The fourth of the twelve signs of the zodiac. The first point is the northern limit of the sun's course in summer; hence, the sign of the summer solstice. See Tropic.
Crab, leukemia, malignant neoplastic disease, astrological, carcinoma, blanket, carcinogen, bogey, concern, lymphoma, metastasis, cancer the crab, Hodgkin's disease, Capricorn, Aries, cast, anxiety, sarcoma, aggressive, carcinogenic, cytology, bugbear, Aquarius, growth, genus cancer, Gemini, leukaemia, crabmeat, crab louse, crabby person, melanoma, pubic louse, demons, bugaboo, canker, tumor, chart, disease, astrologer, bogie, astrology.
- "Manual of Surgery Volume Second: Extremities--Head--Neck. Sixth Edition.", Alexander Miles Alexis Thomson.
- "Last Words", Stephen Crane.
- "The-Light-of-Egypt-or-the-science-of-the-soul-and-the-stars-Volume-2", Burgoyne, Thomas H..