Definition of pattern:
- A diagram showing the distribution of the pellets of a shotgun on a vertical target perpendicular to the plane of fire.
- A full- sized model around which a mold of sand is made, to receive the melted metal. It is usually made of wood and in several parts, so as to be removed from the mold without injuring it.
- A part showing the figure or quality of the whole; a specimen; a sample; an example; an instance.
- Anything cut or formed to serve as a guide to cutting or forming objects; as, a dressmaker's pattern.
- Anything proposed for imitation; an archetype; an exemplar; that which is to be, or is worthy to be, copied or imitated; as, a pattern of a machine.
- Figure or style of decoration; design; as, wall paper of a beautiful pattern.
- Something made after a model; a copy.
- Stuff sufficient for a garment; as, a dress pattern.
- To make or design ( anything) by, from, or after, something that serves as a pattern; to copy; to model; to imitate.
- To serve as an example for; also, to parallel.
intention, regulation, descriptor, designing, recipe, practice session, conception, course, sit, anatomy, conventionalism, mannikin, method, name, configuration, approach pattern, mock up, grade, prescript, intent, physical body, phase, order, class, conventionality, practice, expression, figure of speech, linguistic rule, blueprint, physique, radiation pattern, warning, convening, chassis, variant, soma, mannequin, precedent, beau ideal, conformation, number, ensample, normal, sample, signifier, var., build, drill, manikin, systematization, orderliness, model, simulate, excogitation, trope, traffic pattern, good, radiation diagram, system, variety, condition, recitation, pose, motive, dominion, invention, surface, shape, innovation, word form, strain, purpose, cast, ornament, praxis, design, mold, part, digit, manakin, example, rule, image, ruler, flesh, aim, chemical formula, kind, trim, plan, guide, ideal, sort, material body, contour, frame, public figure, decoration, embodiment, posture, exercise, device, type, exemplification, convention, figure, mirror, formula, motif, form, bod, organization, fig, systemization, human body, principle.