Definition of intimate:
- An intimate friend or associate; a confidant.
- Close in friendship or acquaintance; familiar; confidential; as, an intimate friend.
- Innermost; inward; internal; deep- seated; hearty.
- Near; close; direct; thorough; complete.
- To announce; to declare; to publish; to communicate; to make known.
- To suggest obscurely or indirectly; to refer to remotely; to give slight notice of; to hint; as, he intimated his intention of resigning his office.
near, paint a picture, evoke, bosom, informal, advise, well-read, personal, guarded, near, home, outline, knowledgeable, bud, visceral, propose, gut, trusted, familiar, special, open, conversant, inside, cosy, connected, knowledgeable about, inward, thick, confidant, learned, cozy, interior, national, inmost, intrinsic, adumbrate, lettered, love, sexual, point, well-educated, friendly, intrinsical, intragroup, sidekick, public, versed, infer, body, indicate, snug, profound, mention, sketch, experienced, tight, intimate with, signify, sexy, knowing, advert, inner, close, study at suggest, attitude, confidante, innermost, adumbrate, privileged, insinuate, loose, internal.
- friend (part of speech: noun)
- friendly (part of speech: adjective)
- close (part of speech: verb)
- hint (part of speech: verb)
- private (part of speech: adjective)
- loving (part of speech: adjective)
- "Banked Fires", E. W. (Ethel Winifred) Savi.
- "The Landleaguers", Anthony Trollope.
- "Clover", Susan Coolidge.