Definition of issue :
1. A discharge of flux, as of blood.
2. A point in debate or controversy on which the parties take affirmative and negative positions; a presentation of alternatives between which to choose or decide.
3. An artificial ulcer, usually made in the fleshy part of the arm or leg, to produce the secretion and discharge of pus for the relief of some affected part.
4. In pleading, a single material point of law or fact depending in the suit, which, being affirmed on the one side and denied on the other, is presented for determination. See General issue, under General, and Feigned issue, under Feigned.
5. In pleading, to come to a point in fact or law, on which the parties join issue.
6. Produce of the earth, or profits of land, tenements, or other property; as, A conveyed to B all his right for a term of years, with all the issues, rents, and profits.
7. Progeny; a child or children; offspring. In law, sometimes, in a general sense, all persons descended from a common ancestor; all lineal descendants.
8. That which passes, flows, or is sent out; the whole quantity sent forth or emitted at one time; as, an issue of bank notes; the daily issue of a newspaper.
9. The act of passing or flowing out; a moving out from any inclosed place; egress; as, the issue of water from a pipe, of blood from a wound, of air from a bellows, of people from a house.
10. The act of sending out, or causing to go forth; delivery; issuance; as, the issue of an order from a commanding officer; the issue of money from a treasury.
11. The final outcome or result; upshot; conclusion; event; hence, contest; test; trial.
12. To be produced as an effect or result; to grow or accrue; to arise; to proceed; as, rents and profits issuing from land, tenements, or a capital stock.
13. To close; to end; to terminate; to turn out; as, we know not how the cause will issue.
14. To deliver for use; as, to issue provisions.
15. To extend; to pass or open; as, the path issues into the highway.
16. To go out; to rush out; to sally forth; as, troops issued from the town, and attacked the besiegers.
17. To pass or flow out; to run out, as from any inclosed place.
18. To proceed, as from a source; as, water issues from springs; light issues from the sun.
19. To proceed, as progeny; to be derived; to be descended; to spring.
20. To send out officially; to deliver by authority; as, to issue an order; to issue a writ.
21. To send out; to put into circulation; as, to issue notes from a bank.
jazz, churn out, slew, loose, back number, fill in, precipitate, recurrence, complete, expose, bailiwick, uncertain, settlement, edit, discommode, edit out, anesthetise, compact, bullish, spot, bit, expiration, production, electric receptacle, cater, getting even, provision, emerge, guinea pig, pronounce, pop, regaining, figure, comeback, disoblige, allocation, bring out, disclose, eff, development, rationalize, item, care package, benefaction, make do, write, boy, largesse, bother, back copy, get by, have intercourse, bring forward, consequent, discover, trouble, write up, contract, going, bondholder, show up, referent, emersion, hand over, push through, supply, unfreeze, mercantile establishment, love, hold out, fall out, manage, contribute, turn up, printing, swerve, retail store, inconvenience, phone number, yield, materialization, publishing, declare, come out, unveil, let on, kin, rejoinder, biweekly, abridge, sleep with, have a go at it, return key, out, grind out, eject, telephone number, set off, resign, secrete, snub, know, lavish, take, notify, military issue, issuing, bang, pop out, resultant role, riposte, divulge, ply, produce, boomerang kid, nuisance, recognize, sequent, electrical outlet, reward, shorten, relinquish, liberate, broker-dealer, bulge out, curve, homecoming, incommode, print, come, undecided, let out, spawn, veer, difficulty, imp, corollary, pick out, trend, passing, bang out, anaesthetise, release, resolution, return, subject area, restoration, get it on, unwrap, get laid, grapple, skip, final payment, bid price, have sex, put under, brochure, lie with, retire, dilute, part with, routine, inform, prune, publish, handover, bairn, make love, bribe, go forth, stretch forth, government issue, bonk, foreshorten, comic, cause, solution, harvest, douse, growth, thing, unloose, get out, trim down, identification number, backwash, product, counter, exsert, reappearance, valentine, bear, emergence, can of worms, tax return, comic book, come to the fore, recognise, wages, roll in the hay, break through, uncover, ramification, circulation, trim, distinguish, hack, discern, let go, income tax return, rush out, conclusion, cut down, go away, sleep together, depicted object, turn off, abbreviate, get along, takings, end product, essence, field of study, burden, do it, come forth, field, materialisation, subject matter, ignore, get, act, discipline, presentation, append, disturbance, words, come out of the closet, bring on, final result, screw, way out, egression, address, subject field, make out, trials and tribulations, national, have it off, controversial, ground, moment, appear, announce, protrude, cut off, cherub, import, bear market, leave, distribution, solvent, hardship, thin, impression, thin out, retort, step forward, introduce, baggage, loss, cut back, tell apart, do, turn out, unloosen, geld, culmination, investment, have it away, bring down, tailor, numeral, broadsheet, help, unblock, burn, number, step to the fore, trim back, furnish, turn, restitution, bulge, start, proclaim, switch off, cope, give up, allotment, neck, payoff, be intimate, smother, bed, rationalise, bull market, write out, seed, fare, sequel, publication, coming back, fate, reveal, step up, surprise, erupt, gist, end, put out, place, give away, distribute, expel, core, affair, bug out, case, red packet, sheer, fill out, back issue, anesthetize, answer, roll out, let go of, output, bull, add, come on, freebie, bulletin, replication, progeny, force, disregard, girl, wall plug, adolescent, manufacture, copy, content, provide, reduce, cut, free, come in, contend, wall socket, edition, anaesthetize, study, paying back, break, easy, young, termination, issuance, sales outlet, delivery, unsettled, slue, hand, hump, electric outlet, come forward, stretch out, brood, surface, resultant, child prodigy, bearish
posterity (part of speech: noun)
money (part of speech: noun)
funds, check, receipts, change, purse, spending money, coinage, greenback, dough, wampum, money order, treasure, income, IOU, ways and means, sterling, nugget, promissory note, gross, bond, scratch, profit, bank note, draft, dollar, pocket money, moolah, capital, silver, cash, proceeds, stock, assets, pounds, wallet, net worth, ingot, wad, loot, worth, lucre, money, petty cash, balance sheet, fortune, coupon, copper, wealth, currency, wherewithal, bullion, bill, gold, swag, bankroll, note
question (part of speech: verb)
topic (part of speech: noun)
inference, assertion, opinion, contention, dissertation, text, problem, premise, theme, argument, topic, axiom, consideration, subject, belief, theorem, concept, paradigm, question, assumption, point, basis, principle, essay, thesis, idea, matter, exposition, statement, hypothesis, presumption, conjecture, position, query, postulation, motif
exit (part of speech: verb)
offer (part of speech: verb)
gift, present, concession, invite, donation, offer, attempt, submission, citation, submit, advance, invitation, bestowal, bid, quote, endow, grant, render, overture, bestow, investiture, cite, offering, approach, endowment, deal, extend, give, tender, quotation, impart
effect (part of speech: noun)
- Then why have you called on me to- day, taking up my time on a dead issue? - "The Valley of the Giants", Peter B. Kyne.
- And it did issue. - "A Popular History of France From The Earliest Times Volume I. of VI.", Francois Pierre Guillaume Guizot.
- But in spite of this very reasonable view, from a very reasonable gentleman, the fact remains that in the Committee on Corporations, Walker stood out against the machine on this very issue, and that in the direct primary fight both Walker and Estudillo stood out against the machine to the end. - "Story of the Session of the California Legislature of 1909", Franklin Hichborn.